Finlay Jude Associates
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Salary; £20-£25k + Study Support
My client, a leader within their industry, are looking to recruit an all-round Assistant Accountant to assist the Finance Director and Finance Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company which can offer a clear career path including full financial study support
Duties will include:
- Assist in financial reporting from initial costs, monthly cost reports, control accounts and exception reports.
- Assisting with the completion of the CIS return and supporting the accounts assistant in ensuring we are compliant with CIS
- Processing all monthly petty cash and expense returns ensuring correct Vat claims are followed in line with HMRC VAT rules
- Annual audited accounts and supporting control accounts are produced in conjunction with the Finance Manager and Finance Director and in liaison with the auditors
- Assisting with the P11d returns in accordance with the Inland Revenue rules and are submitted in accordance with IR guidelines.
- Liaise with the yard staff to ensure accurate stock levels are being maintained and that the stock system within the accounting system is being updated. Periodic stock counts will be required to ensure compliance
- Update records for forecasted cash receipts and actual receipts to help with cashflow planning. Assist with the forecasting of cash outflows for the sub contract and purchase ledgers
- Assist with logging insurance claims and management of insurance correspondence
- AAT or similar qualified accountant â€“ want to study towards CIMA / ACCA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to achieve an outstanding level of customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with and prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Adapting to change
- Computer literacy – Intermediate Excel as a minimum
If you are interested in applying for this position then click the ‘apply now’ button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.