Finlay Jude Associates
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work on small to medium sized projects.
Location: Surrey and M4 Corridor regions (Multiple Sites)
Project Details: Wastewater sites with scope of civil and M&E
• Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force
• Maintain good client relationships at all levels; target:- “good” rating feedback in each category from customer satisfaction questionnaire, less than one customer complaint per quarter.
• Maintain the Company’s reputation on a project by ensuring good relationships are maintained with joint venture partners and suppliers.
• Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process, i.e from tender handover to final completion
• Reviewing at the project level, in conjunction with the Information Manager, the effectiveness of the BMS as a means of achieving quality, safety and environmental objectives
• Ensuring, in conjunction with the Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery
• Ensuring that sufficient trained personnel are available for the project and that they are aware of their individual responsibilities
• Ensuring that appropriately detailed construction plans and method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities
• Ensuring works procedures are produced to assist with control quality where applicable
• Ensuring that all site non-conformities are reported and approximate costs identified
• Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
• Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
• Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction
• Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and waste water design and build projects.
• Have detailed working knowledge and experience of project management practices from scheme conception through to end user acceptance
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and SMB as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
• Project Management experience in a main contracting environment
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
• APMP or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Extensive and demonstrated management of a portfolio of projects with full P/L responsibility
• Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
• Experience in water / waste water treatment plants
• Experience in using Primavera or Power project.
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.