My client a well known Utility contractor is looking to recruit an experienced Depot Manager who will work closely with the Operations Manager to manage all activities of their operating function.
The Depot Manager will be based in the Birmingham area and will be supported by administration, sales and an Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the operating division providing full range of drainage services to domestic and commercial client base.
- Formulate strategies specific to the operating centre to deliver the objectives of the group.
- Manage the sales, operational and financial activities to ensure the well being of the operating centre.
- Ensure that transport, Safety and Environmental legislation is adhered to within the operating centre facility and whilst conducting our works.
- Ensure that customer care/satisfaction/complaints and issues are addressed and recorded within the operating centre.
- Review tenders that are issued from the depot and obtain advice and assistance where required on tenders that are of a large value and/or have a national implication consult the Operations Director/Key Accounts.
- Produce a monthly report on the activities of the operating centre for the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that credit control is managed correctly and where necessary instruct proceedings to be taken to recover debts.
- Monitor that vehicle and plant are properly maintained, serviced, repaired and cleaned to ensure their appearance and reliability is first class.
- Ensure that invoicing and purchases are properly controlled and monitored.
- Identify and initiate staff training to ensure all staff are adequately trained and competent in the duties that they are to conduct and that all training records are held at the operating centre, with copies being forwarded to the safety department.
- Maintain all third party certifications held for the operating centre including ISO 9002, ISO 14001, IIP etc.
- Ensure that all personnel activities are conducted within the employment act and that the equal opportunities policy is adhered to at all times.
- Monitor performance of work done against tender projections, especially on larger jobs.
- Implement performance measures within the operating centre.
- Identify and implement improvements within the operating centre to increase customer satisfaction, safety, quality, environmental care, sales and profitability.
Knowledge / Skills
- Minimum of 3 years management experience is essential.
- A good knowledge of Drainage/QS/construction Civil Engineering or waste industry is a distinct advantage.
- Must have a valid clean driving licence
If you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity and want to work for a forward thinking Company with excellent company benefits then click on the ‘apply now’ button
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.